Everything you wanted to know.
You can find the most recent copy of my official resume
- I received a Bachelors Degree in Agricultural Engineering from Texas A&M
(College Station) in 2001 [Environmental Engineering - as a degree it is not offered as a named degree]
- I received a Masters Degree in Biological and Agricultural Engineering from
Texas A&M (College Station) in 2003 [emphasis was in Aerosol Mechanics]
Typical Work Performed
Currently at an awesome tech startup in Dallas.
I am the operations manager at the company. Basically, I help the technical and product managers work better and scale across projects. At a higher level I also work with the C-suite group to make sure we have standards and approaches so we can
continue to grow and scale our work.
- 2+ years with an
international software firm - Portland, Oregon. Responsible for leading agile
development of new on-site B2B software platform, including producing specs and
developing rapid prototypes. Also responsible for developing market collateral and
roll-out strategies as well as designing platform interfaces and support systems.
Created custom back-end platform for development of user stories/personas with real-
time connections to all company data sources.
Also wrote the educational sub-domain of the company website, wrote many back-end
scripts and shells that reduce inefficiencies and ensure overall platform stability,
and provide overall guidance on GIS and other emergent spatial technologies.
In short, I was both a PO and an OM for several regions and domains.
- 4+ years with a local A/E
consulting firm - Dallas, Texas. Created SaaS offering that combined hardware
and software systems to create a data collection and analyses platform for
municipalities in the southwest US. Managed development, marketing, sales and
data analysts throughout the product life-cycle. Also involved in IT development
of GIS and data application services.
- 2+ years with a regional
A/E consulting firm - Dallas, Texas. Primary duties involved modelling
potable and sanitary sewer systems. Managed technical and non-technical staff
and consistently delivered projects on time and budget.
- 4+ years with an international A/E consulting firm - Dallas, Texas. Primary
duties involved modelling open channel hydraulics and modelling hydrology.
- TNRCC (now TCEQ) Air Permits Division - Austin, Texas
- Rapid prototyping
- Existing data storage connection/analytics
- Data Collection/Conversion
- Web Mapping/Portals
- Web Site Development (front and back end work)
- Database Development
- Floodplain Studies
- H/H Studies
- Potable/Sanitary System Modelling and Studies
- Atmospheric Dispersion Modelling and Studies
- Developing a design-driven culture
- Resource documentation/management
- Programmatic data connection/analytics
- Rapid prototyping
- Being as data-driven and efficient as possible
Data Curation (collection, observation, visualization and engagement)
- Development of data collection
- Development of data collection services/software
Software Process Development
- Open source software [particularly web mapping and frameworks] for
internal and external clients
- Helping to Raise My Young Family
- Cycling [Road]
- Running...but mostly jogging
- Professional Advocacy - I have volunteered to judge Future
City contests for several years
- Personal Advocacy - I was a CASA
Volunteer for several years and have been a mentor/coach for Team in